Last Updated: April 2020
Thank you for working with Blackthorn Salt.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are several general categories of information we collect.
1.1 Information You Give Us.
We collect information you share with us when you enquire/purchase from Blackthorn Salt.
- Product Quote. When you request a price, product quote or enquiry from Blackthorn Salt, we require certain information such as your name, email address, name of company, postcode for delivery and general information such as restrictions at delivery site and method of offload at site (forklift…). WHY? This allows us, where applicable to calculate bespoke product quotes based on a number of factors including quantity ordered, regularity of order and haulage rates to delivery locations.
- Account Information. To enable us to process an order we may set up a new customer account. This will require further information including the name, address, type of business, industry, delivery addresses, payment details, names and phone numbers of contacts at different delivery sites… depending upon the size of the quote / opportunity we may run a financial check on your company to ascertain your level of credit. WHY? To allow us to process orders quickly and efficiently.
- Payment Information. We collect your financial information (finance contact name, email address, address for invoicing, bank account details, sort code or credit card information) when you wish to pay upfront. Once a transaction has been processed we do not store or have access to customer card details. All such records are destroyed within 48 hours.
- Communications with Blackthorn Salt staff. When you communicate with Blackthorn Salt employees whether this be on the phone, face to face or via email, we may collect data where applicable to set up or update a contact or account, to improve the accuracy of data currently held or to provide further business opportunities which may be of interest. These once again include your name, email address, incoming phone number, possible future contact phone number, address for delivery, contact name and number at site.
- Address Book Contact Information. The contact details of you and your staff may be held within our CRM system but also within company laptops or company mobile phones
- Other Information. Other information gained and stored may include previous products ordered, previous delivery addresses, past employees with whom we have worked with and communicated with. WHY? This information is stored to provide a record of transactions for the account manager to develop future customer strategies, align new products offers, develop promotions and retain a knowledge of the customers history.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Blackthorn Salt Comms Platform.
When you use the Blackthorn Salt website or app we collect information via cookies, this includes;
- Usage Information. We collect anonymized information about your interactions with the above Blackthorn Salt Platforms, such as the pages viewed, referral source, clicked links, session time and date, session and page duration, conversions, conversion value, geolocation based on IP address (city or country), device and browser type. When the user has placed an order via our site they can they be identified by their order number and information provided at the checkout stage.
- Location Information. When you use certain features of the Blackthorn Salt Platform, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g. IP address, post code) or more specific location information (e.g. precise location from your mobile GPS). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Transaction Information. We collect information related to your transactions on the Blackthorn Salt Platforms, including the date and time, amounts charged, and other related transaction details. We are required to retain information for HMRC for up to 7 years.
- Website enquiries. Data from website enquiries placed on our site or via email provided on our site is transferred to our CRM system to be actioned by the appropriate contact. This information is used to create new contacts, new leads or an opportunity for future ordering.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We store, process and use information about you to process orders on a daily basis. It also helps us understand, improve, and develop the Blackthorn Salt product offering, our customers service levels and future strategies. We also use this information to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment.
2.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Blackthorn Salt Platform of communication facilities.
- Enable you to access and use the Blackthorn Salt Platform of communication facilities.
- Enable you to communicate with our employees.
- Operate, protect, improve and optimize the Blackthorn Salt portfolio, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Send you customer service or order status messages, such as order dispatch details, ETA information, delivery issues affecting date of delivery or ‘order confirmation’ POD.
2.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to verify your delivery address or compare your bank/payment details for an additional site).
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our Terms of Service, Payments Terms, and other policies.
2.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your communication preferences (including information about Blackthorn Salt and services).
3. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
3.1 With Your Consent.
We will share your information with our delivery partners such as hauliers, couriers, and Blackthorn Salt Staff delivering on our behalf. This is to ensure that we meet the requirement of your order and ensure the safe, speedy delivery process, rather than waiting on approval before every order. We will NOT sell, or pass on your details to any third party organisation at any stage outside of the day to day operation of processing your orders.
3.2 Blackthorn Salt Payments.
Blackthorn Salt Payments may share your personal information to provide the Payment Services.
3.3 Safety and Compliance with Law.
Blackthorn Salt may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Blackthorn Salt, (ii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iii) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service (iv) for fraud investigation and prevention, risk assessment, customer support, product development and debugging purposes, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Blackthorn Salt, its employees, its Members, or members of the public.
3.4 Tax Authorities.
If requested by HMRC, we may have to share your information/data with regards to VAT or any tax related enquiry.
4. YOUR CHOICES
4.1 Access and Update.
You may review, update, or delete the information in your Blackthorn Salt Account by contacting our customer service team, your account manager or by phoning our main switchboard.
4.2 Account Cancellation.
For information on how to cancel your Blackthorn Salt Account, please follow the instructions above. We will need your name, account number, confirmation of your payment details (for security purposes) and details of delivery addresses to confirm your identity.
4.3 Complaints & Grievance Procedure.
Should you wish to make a formal complaint regarding your rights contained with the GDPR legislation, please write to GDPR Complaint, Blackthorn Salt, Saltpans Road, Ayr, KA8 8BZ or phone / email your account manager and confirm the nature of your complaint and the fact that you wish to proceed through the Blackthorn Salt Grievance procedure with regards to GDPR.
- For UK customers: GDPR Complaint, Blackthorn Salt, Saltpans Road, Ayr, KA8 8BZ
You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org